Final day at the funeral..
Wednesday 04/06/08 Cloudy
It was afternoon time when I reached St. Steven's Church. Went for the 6 o'clock mass which lasted half an hour. Its been ages since I last went to one. Indeed very regretful that I've missed so many sessions.
Perhaps its high time that I recollect my faith. Ah Gong would be happy to see this..
Soon, it was time to leave the Church. My father and I personally came to Ah Gong's side to have a word with him. Tomorrow I could not see Ah Gong to the last moment- my aunts and father had insisted that I stayed at home for my 21st birthday. Anyway, dunnoe if i heard Jay Chou's San Nian Er Ban too much, this particular sad tune at the part when he purposely misses the ping pong ball and the touching flashbacks of all of his past memories when he was young, stirs up my previous memories with Ah Gong.
I rmbed the time when I was in primary 4, I received the Singa Award for being the most courteous in the class. I showed the certificate to Ah Gong when I reached his house in a schoolbus. He let out a slight chuckle. Ah Gong did not utter a word as he was a man of few words. He picked up his wallet which was by the bed. He took out 2 ten-dollar notes.
To me, he said in a heartwarming manner, "Chris, go buy what you always wanted to buy. Keep working hard."
Those were the words that I remembered till today. Will never forget them...
Tears rolled down my cheek as I listened to San Nian Er Ban again...
Ah Gong... :')

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home